Light Of Nature Healing Philosophy
"I believe in the healing power that God, our Supreme Creator, has bestowed upon us and within Nature.
This healing power expresses itself with the highest vitality when we follow Nature's
Divine Laws and create the most optimal environment for our own temple to thrive." -Dr. Cunningham
At the Golden Jubilee Congress of the meeting of 1947, the following standards were drawn up for the practice of Naturopathy (Traditional Naturopathy):
1. The body under normal conditions is a self-sustaining organism.
2. The theory of health and disease is based on Nature itself.
3. The body is governed by definite natural laws with regard to physical, chemical, biological and physiological basis.
4. Ill-health is, therefore, as a result of a departure, from healthful living out of harmony with Nature’s laws.
5. To the degree that man adheres to and applies Natures beneficial laws, to that degree will the body heal, through its natural inherent powers restore itself to normal.
6. Naturopathy is a philosophy, art and science and recognizes the body’s inherent processes of healing, and acts in no way to suppress, antagonize or hinder these vital life forces, but, rather to arouse, assist and cooperate with the body to a restoration to normal.
7. To this end Naturopathy proceeds as follows; it makes use of the healing properties of such natural agencies as air, sunshine, water, light, heat, electricity, manipulations of the spine, natural vital foods, organic vitamins, organic minerals, herbs in conjunction with cleansing and eliminating processes of other physical and mental cultures.
8. Naturopathy does not make use of synthetic or inorganic vitamins or minerals or drugs, narcotics, surgery, serums, vaccines, anti-toxins, injections or inoculations.
9. Naturopathy also provides for the prevention of disease and the preservation of health by teaching the basic fundamental laws of natural living and the application in daily life.